- through your use of expertbeauty.co.uk and any country top level domain name (the “Site“), or any Expert Beauty application that we make available from time to time (“Application“)
- by interacting with our content and/or services or
- By contacting our Customer Services Team.
This policy also applies to information held about suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Please also refer to our Terms & Conditions. Which can be found here Terms and Conditions
You must be over 16 to register for a personal account, subscribe to Expert Beauty emails and/or place an order with Expert Beauty. These websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who are we?
Inside Trading (Beauty) Limited are a company registered in the United Kingdom under registration number 8423719 and our registered address is Bank Street Business Centre, 6 Bank Street, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 2JN
Information we collect
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
- Identity and Contact Information includes first name, last name, title, birthday, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address or any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder or to staff within our stores
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Profile Information includes first name, last name, title, birthday, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, password, purchase and order history, your favourite products, wish list, brand preferences, contact with the Customer Care Team, and any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder
- Usage Information includes information about how you use the Site or any Application and our products and services
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or any Application or in-store or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes but is not limited to information you provide when you:
- register for an account with us;
- place an order;
- sign up to our newsletters;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our Customer Services Team;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
As you interact with the Site or any Application, we may automatically collect Technical Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We may also receive information about you from various third parties such as: analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and payment service providers.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
Identity & Contact Information
- to deliver your purchases to you
- to send you service messages by email, SMS or otherwise, such as order updates
- to create and manage your account on our platforms
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- for security and to check your identity
- to provide you with marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below)
- to direct you to the right part of the website
- to communicate with you
- to provide products you order
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
Technical & Usage Information
- to improve our Site and any Application and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
- to keep our Site safe and secure
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
- to manage your participation in any loyalty scheme
- to complete brand specific consultations
- to provide beauty treatments and/or beauty advice
Marketing and Communications Information
- to send you information by email, SMS, post, other otherwise, about our products and services
- to provide customer care and support
- to train our staff
- to enable you to log-in to our Site simply and easily without having to create a separate account
- to enable you to share products and services if you choose to
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- In order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal information such as information about your health, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (ii) running our business; (iii) to provide the products and services you have requested; (iv) to prevent fraud; and (v) for our own marketing, research and product development.
Will we share your information with third parties?
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Companies approved by you, such as social media Sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
- Competition winners on social media
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your information;
- to data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is always accurate. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may use your information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Services Team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications, we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (if you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com You can also send a letter by mail to: My Expert Beauty Customer Services, Wye Valley Court, Netherwood Road, Hereford, HR2 6JG
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator in your country. If you are a UK resident, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this Policy